the student newspaper of Shorewood High School

The Tempest

The Tempest

The Tempest

Beats & BBQ

Concerts to sizzle your senses
by Kat Sitaras

Looking for something fun to do this summer before you go off to college? Check out this comprehensive list of concerts coming to Seattle this summer. There is a little bit of everything for everyone this summer, from Rap concerts to Rock, so be sure to keep a lookout, and have a memorable summer by checking out these shows.

Misc.

Cap. Hill Block Party – July 19-21

The Capitol Hill Block Party is a weekend full of activities for all ages. Headlined by none other than Kaytranada, Remi Wolf, Chappell Roan, and Still Woozy. General admission is $235, but well worth the money as it will be a time to remember. There will be a variety of food options for everyone to enjoy ranging from Big Mario’s pizza to Thai food.

Thing Festival – August 9-11

Another notable music festival coming to Washington is the Thing Festival, featuring the great Killer Mike, Earl Sweatshirt, and the Black Pumas (and many other smaller artists). Tickets are a bit pricey coming in at $349. The Thing Festival happens every year at Remlinger Farms

Hip Hop/Rap

The Hip Hop industry is in shambles in the aftermath of the legendary Kendrick Lamar/Drake feud, but worry not the genre is in better condition than it has been in years. Here are some legendary shows to express this fact.

We Trust You (Future/Metro) – September 6

After a legendary 2 album run the rapper-producer duo  will be going on tour across the country. Tickets are looking to be around $164 as of now (for non-floor seating).

Ken Karson – July 28

The opium artist Ken Carson will be coming to Seattle to perform at the Showbox. Tickets are around $94. Carson is an electric performer that will be sure to leave anyone who attends riled up and shook.

Yeat – June 30

2093 is here. While Yeat is not coming to Seattle he will be performing in his hometown of Portland Oregon on the 30th. Tickets range from $49 to $169.

The Roots – July 21

The iconic Hip Hop band The Roots will be performing at the Woodland Park Zoo with tickets starting at $263.

Country

Chris Stapleton – July 27

Experience Chris Stapleton’s soulful voice for an average price of $375. You don’t wanna miss it.

Watershed – August 2-4

Perhaps the most iconic festival Washington has to offer, come check out Country’s current greatest with tickets starting at $305.

Kenny Chesney/Zac Brown Band – July 13

Standard tickets for this Country double trouble is $175.

Willie Nelson/Bob Dylan – August 10

Looking for something a little more classic? Check out Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan for $75

Rock

Foo Fighters – August 18

Another Seattle classic you cannot miss: Foo Fighters, performing at T-Mobile Park with the average ticket price being $183, however they are almost sold out.

Olivia Rodrigo – August 6

After releasing her anticipated second album Guts Olivia Rodrigo is going on tour. Come see her and her band at Climate Pledge for $273.

Beck – July 3

The legendary boundary pushing 90’s rock/hip hop artist Beck is coming to the Chateau Ste Michelle Winery.

Slightly Stoopid – August 17

A truly iconic alternative rock band with traces of reggae; Slightly Stoopid is not one to miss. Come see them for $30 at the White River Amphitheater.