the student newspaper of Shorewood High School

The Tempest

The Tempest

The Tempest

What’s happening at Shorewood

by Andrew Drummond

Mid-winter Break

Mid-winter break is coming up on Monday, Feb. 19-23. Enjoy the full week off and a break from school.

Tiger Tutoring at Einstein

Tiger tutoring is now back at Einstein Middle School. Help middle school students get caught up in various classes, especially English, math, and science. Stop by on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:15-4:45. All materials are supplied and Einstein is especially looking for multilingual tutors preferably Spanish-speaking. If you’re interested, please fill out the background check form and come with an ID. For questions see Mrs. McMaster in room 2101.

New Semester Starts

Halfway through the school year! The new semester begins on Tuesday, Jan. 30.

All grades reset and new classes begin!

Black Lives Matter in School Week

Monday, Feb. 5 kicks off Black Lives Matter in School week. During this week there will be an emphasis on black history and pay tribute to those who have made a difference in the world today. Teachers will promote discussions in school about social justice and racial equality.

Big Band Dance

Enjoy swing dancing while listening to the Shorewood and Einstein band in the commons on Saturday, Feb. 10 at 7 pm. Don’t worry if you are unsure about the dance moves, an instructor will be there to help teach the steps.

Senior Class Fundraiser

Hungry for a burrito bowl or chips and salsa? Go to Chipotle on Wednesday, Feb. 14, Valentine’s Day, to help raise money for the senior class. 

Winter is Here

Check your weather app because cold temperatures and the possibility of snow are likely this time of year. Two-hour delays and school closures could be on the horizon. Stay warm and safe out there!

Down Syndrome Awareness Day

March 21 is National Down Syndrome Awareness Day. This is a day where people come together as a community to celebrate down syndrome. Come to the PALS club on Thursday, March 21 during lunch to make new friends and become educated about down syndrome.