the student newspaper of Shorewood High School

The Tempest

The Tempest

The Tempest

The Tempest club quiz

What clubs might be the best fit for you?

If you want to join a club but aren’t sure which one is right for you, take this quiz to help you figure it out. There are lots of clubs at Shorewood, and it’s hard to narrow them down to the ones that you like. This quiz will help you find a club that interests you. Keep track of your answers for each question, then add up your total when you’re done.

What is your favorite season?

1. Fall
  2. Summer
  3. Spring
  4. Winter

Pick a winter activity:

1. Staying inside and doing crafts
  2. Sleeping
  3. Play a board or video game
  4. Going skiing

What do you like to do on a Saturday?

1. Anything artsy
  2. Netflix and chill
  3. Volunteering
  4. Spend time outside/sports

Favorite movie genre?

1. Humor 
  2. Action/Adventure
  3. I prefer documentaries/other
  4. All of them!

What’s your drink of choice?

1. A nice cup of tea 
  2. Coffee, coffee, coffee!
  3. Hot chocolate
  4. Energy drinks all the way

Favorite dessert?

1. Brownies
  2. CAKE
  3. Something fancy
  4. Ice cream 

Choose a country to visit:

1. Anywhere in Europe!
  2. Canada
  3. Thailand
  4. Brazil

Favorite animal?

1. Cats 
  2. Dogs
  3. Marine animals
  4. Other

Count up your answers! 

For every…

A = 1 point

B = 2 points

C = 3 points

D = 4 points

If you got…

Between 8-13: 

Create something new

You are a very creative person! On any given day, you can be found inside doing art or creating things with your hands. You prefer indoors to outdoors and you love being cozy. You probably love being creative and helping others, so Crafting Smiles would be the perfect club for you. This club is all about crocheting for good. They have informational meetings on the first Thursday of every month during lunch in the library. Then they meet after school every Wednesday from 1-3 p.m. to make the crafts. The club is welcome to anyone despite their experience, so if you want to learn to crochet, this would be a great place to start. They usually make crochet projects, like hats or yarn bouquets. “You can learn a lot… and you can connect with people you normally wouldn’t. It’s very fun and interactive,” says Iris Kwak, co-founder of the club. Additionally, you can get community service hours for crafting on Wednesdays after school since the finished projects go to non-profit places, like Mary’s Place and local homeless shelters. If crocheting isn’t your thing, Tea Club or Art Attack might be the perfect club for you! 

Between 14-20: 

You love watching your favorite shows or movies every evening, or maybe you play board games with a passion. You probably have strong opinions that you love to share with others. If this sounds like you, Film Club would be a great club to join! They meet every Thursday at lunch in the library to discuss movies, watch short films, and do movie-related games/trivia. “If you like movies it’s just a great way to meet other people who have the same interest. When I was a freshman this was the only club that I made a ton of friends through,” says Osiris Chacona, president of the club. Film Club is the perfect place to meet new friends and talk about your interest in films! If you’re not a fan of movies, D&D Club, Chess Club, or Debate Club would also be some good clubs to check out! 

Between 21-26: 

Help the Community!

You are someone who loves to help others in any way you can. Your weekends are often spent volunteering whenever possible. Activism is your middle name and you are not afraid to show it! If you like helping others, volunteering, or want to find more volunteer opportunities, Interact Club is the place to go. They meet in Room 3305 every other Thursday at lunch. Interact is sponsored by Shoreline Rotary, and they organize volunteering opportunities that benefit the community such as cleaning trails, donation drives, and more. Rachel Li is the president of Interact, and she believes that it’s not only important for volunteering hours. “It’s something that can help people understand what social problems are going on…It’s something that everyone should be involved in,” Li said. Some other clubs that you might be interested in are BSU, GSA, Life Savers Club, Gender Equity Club, Marine Biology Club, and HAFS.

Between 27-32: 

You love to be active and are always looking for that next adrenaline rush. Competition is your middle name and you always fight for first place. You are very adventurous and love to put yourself out there and try new things. If you hear the outdoors calling your name, you should probably answer… by joining Ski Club! Ski Club is all about discussing and doing everything and anything that relates to skiing. Even if you don’t know how to ski but have always wanted to learn, Ski Club welcomes everybody regardless of how skilled you are on the slopes. “[People] can make friends and talk about their interest in skiing,” says Liam Gallagher, one of the club’s members. They meet every other Monday in Room 3508 with leaders Frank Clark and Jonah Loschky. Come join Ski Club to make new friends, talk about skiing, and try new things! Some other clubs that would be perfect for you are Tennis Club, Fishing Club, and Nerf Club.